Indians call them french fries, but named whatever; these golden beauties are identified as the most popular munchies all around the world.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 1600 (These are the Approximate Calories Per Person)
” The cooking method you follow here will give you the perfect fries – crunchy, salty and golden yellow! “
- Oil: 100ml
- Potatoes: Cut into 1/4 inch sticks (200g)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat until the oil temperature reaches 325°F or 162.7°C.
- Fry the potatoes in small batches for 1-2 minutes so they don’t stick to each other while deep frying.
- Remove the potatoes with a stainless steel strainer and drain on paper towels. Do this for all the cut potatoes sticks.
- Raise the temperature of the oil to 350°F or 176.6°C and fry the potatoes again. Fry for at least 5 mins or until the colour turns to a perfect golden yellow. Remove and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Season with salt to taste and serve with ketchup or mayonnaise.
For the perfect fresh fry, we suggest investing in a food thermometer. Also for the perfect golden colour you will have to fry the chips twice at different temperatures. This is the industry standard but you can do it as per your own convenience.
This is a spiciness rating. Salt is the only seasoning added to this recipe. To up this recipe to your liking you can add a good sprinkling of pepper, herbs, red chilli flakes or other assorted condiments.
Did you enjoy this quick & fun recipe? Follow us for more!
For more delicious recipes subscribe to the newsletter…
16th of October is celebrated as ‘World Food Day’. Why not celebrate it everyday? – This year, The World Food Programme was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In doing so the hunger parity around the world has been brought into focus, and Hunger has been identified as a human right violation. Read more on how you can minimise your food wastage.
Mushrooms are fungi that we consumer in so many delicious recipes. Know what mushrooms are good to consume and how to identify rotten mushrooms. Follow the link for more information…
Know what to eat during which season and stay healthy all year round. Our bodies acclimatise internally during every natural season, to help our bodies adjust to the change more optimally it is important to consume fresh and seasonal produce, read more…